• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Meds before an abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumpmek79

Greenlighter
What would the affects be of being on meds ie xanax and valium when going under a general anaestheic. Im having an abortion tomorrow and was gonna have a line a few hours before i went in, will this have complications?

Stupid question i know but i can't find any research!%)

I would say not to do benzos before anesthesia. If you do something before anesthesia you got to tell the person administering the anesthetic. Don't know what anesthetic will be used but all I know of would interact with benzos. Additive sedation would be the obvious effect but a Doctor who works with the stuff will probably know about any other potential effects.

Yeah, i mean i won't be taking anything tomorrow morning, but i have to take my meds at night.... im assuming they're gonna ask me what meds im on anyways, i was just wondering about have a rack a few hours before i go in just to shake the edge off

They would know best. Try not to worry too much and the DS is there should you experience any difficulty.

Just don't do it before, I was told not to take any medicine before I went under.

I think that would be a VERY bad idea.

Anaesthetists have a difficult enough job keeping people alive when under general anaesthetic. If you have had another depressive substance beforehand in may interact badly with the anaesthetic. Not really a risk that I'd be willing to take.

No matter what, you will need to tell the anaesthetist what you had within the last 24 hours so that they can work out what the appropriate dose is for you.

I'm not quite sure where to send this thread... I'll shift it over to Healthy Living for the health aspects...

CB :)

I hope this abortion is because the baby is certain to become a miscarriage or you were raped. It's so irresponsible to get an abortion just because you couldn't use a condom or wait a few fucking hours. ugh get some responsibility girl. if you're willing to have sex, know the risks.

edit: no namecalling please

OP, call them up and ask them if it's safe to take the substances you're considering. It's a very trying procedure and it's possible the the clinic has experience with providing minor sedation before the procedure. However the meds work out for you, I send you love and support. I wish you a speedy mental and physical recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this abortion is because the baby is certain to become a miscarriage or you were raped. It's so irresponsible to get an abortion just because you couldn't use a condom or wait a few fucking hours. ugh get some responsibility girl. if you're willing to have sex, know the risks.

You know what, you don't know the situation and no one asked for your opinon on the morality of abortions so keep it to yourself already

Lets keep this on topic guys, and leave the philosophical and moral ramifications of abortion for another thread. Nobody has the right to judge the OP for her choices, plain and simple.

PillThrill, i second what you said, and Menacide...no one asked you to come in here and give your opinion on abortion, and hoping shes getting the abortion because of a rape? were you dropped on your head as a kid because you sir, are an idiot for what you just said. next time, if a new post is asking for there opinions on abortion be my guest to go in and say what you want. you dont know the situation keep your mouth closed if you dont got anything else to say

sorry for this bump, but when someone hopes for a rape, i cant it here and not say anything.

dont feed

Status
Not open for further replies.